- MAYAN ARTWORK
- ACRYLIC PAINTINGS
- MAYAN SPIRIT NAUM
MAYAN SPIRIT NAUM
1895 6495 $1,895.00 - $6,495.00
- NAME: MAYAN SPIRIT NAUM
- MEDIUM: ACRYLIC ON CANVAS
- SIZE: 30 X 36 INCHES, OTHER SIZES AVAILABLE, SOME SIZES ARE SPECIAL ORDER
- ARTIST: JUAN FRANCISCO BLANCO
- OTHER INFORMATION: THE SPIRIT WHO CREATED THE HUMAN MIND AND CONSCIOUSNESS. IF YOU WILL NOTICE THE HUMAN FACE ON THE BACKSIDE OF THE SAPO, OR FROG, WHICH REPRESENTS THE BIRTH OF THE HUMAN MIND. I DID WONDER ABOUT THE WEIRD DEPICTION OF THIS CREATURE FOR A LONG TIME, BUT THIS MAKES PERFECT SENSE. I WILL WAIT TO HEAR WHAT OTHER THINK. THIS IMAGE IS COPYRIGHTED AND SIGNED ON THE REVERSE. MAYBE THE FIRST PICASSO WAS A MAYAN? THE LARGER SIZE SHOWS A WORK IN PROGRESS AS OF 02/25/2014, AND NOW FINISHED.
- DELIVERY: SHIPPED FROM MEXICO. SHIPPED WITHIN ONE WEEK AFTER PAYMENT. WE HAVE A MEXICAN COURIER WHO DELIVERS THE PACKAGE TO THE UNITED STATES AND THEN POSTS IT WITH THE U.S. POST OFFICE FOR QUICK DELIVERY AT A LOW PRICE.
This painting of a Sapo, or Frog, is one of my favorites. From a line drawing done fourteen hundred years ago, to the colorful painted image that you see before you, was quite a jump. No pun intended. This Mayan Spirit's name is NAUM, that is from my research. When I painted this unusual character, the first thing I noticed to be very unique was the fact, that on his lower backside there is a face of a man. Women will all agree that it is a face of a MAN. The large eye tells us that he is an intelligent man. He is a young man, he has all his teeth. He is also happy in that he is smiling. The position of the face is telling us, if we are observant, that NAUM is birthing the intelligence of mankind. Naum is a creator Mayan Spirit. Therefore, when you read other Mayan text, the painting and name make a lock on each other. Without this type of insight by an artist, the Mayan name might not ever be known. Artists are always more observant than other people. One thing I like about this painting is the way the Sapos front appendage, which is colored brown, curves. It makes a perfect fit in the curves in the Sapos jaw, and the blue colored part of his head. The blue parts on his head remind me of a way the artist wanted to tell us that this Spirit was very intelligent. It is a way of conveying to us brain matter, the red dots representing brain cells. Now with all the bright psychedelic colors on Naum, one might wonder that the artist was on drugs. Not the case, I have never used any drugs. The background is a tribute to, as I said in previous lectures, String Theory. The Mayan Spirits live in another dimension, and this type of background helps emphasize the fact. The Mayan Civilization saw that many of the Spirits helped mankind and NAUM was certainly one of those important Spirits.